Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Sugar Detox

Tomorrow I am starting this 14 day sugar detox.  I read the Four Fit Sisters blog and the detox is offered through them via Facebook.  They basically offer you meal ideas and lots of information about clean eating.  We eat fairly clean in our house, but admittedly it's more like 75-80% of the time.  I'd like to be more disciplined than that and I'm hoping this group offers the accountability I need.  It is only $25 and I figured the recipes and information alone were worth that. 

So, what does one do the night before a sugar detox?  You take your kid to the yogurt shop...



...but then go to Walmart & get the one thing you've been craving...


Now that I have that out of my system, the fridge is stocked and ready for tomorrow....


Really our fridge usually looks like this with individual salads, fresh veggies, homemade salsa, hard boiled eggs, etc...it's just a little more prepared tonight.  The guys will do a lot of it with me, just not quite as strict.  For the 14 days, I won't have potatoes, brown rice, or any fruit except berries.  They will continue to eat things like that.  Sugar is my biggest weakness, but a close second is my Crystal Light Energy drink every morning.  I am most worried about that.  I would love to cut caffeine out forever starting tomorrow. Time to go to bed so I can wake up ready to go tomorrow.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment