Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Random Updates

A few random updates that don't go together at all.  I know everyone is on the edge of their seats wondering how my lettuce is doing.  Well, I'm just not sure.  The picture makes it look better than it is.  First, the bamboo sticks fixed the rabbit problem, so that's good. 


I think I planted too many seeds in too small of an area.  It seems like it's choking itself out.  Just when it starts to look good, it dies.  Right now, it looks the best it has looked.  Maybe, we will actually be able to eat some this year.  The herbs on the top look scarce b/c I just trimmed them last night.  They have been super easy.  Although next year I will probably just plant cilantro & basil.  We haven't used the parsley or the chives at all.  


As for my other plants & flowers, it's been 50/50.  Kind of like this...


I do love my Lantanas.   I have two of these and they look great.  My mom told me that they are easy to grow & maintain and she was right.


Another update...Miles is still a little OCD.  I just threw this in here b/c he was sitting next to me organizing Darrin's shoes in the coat closet.  He was a little appalled at how Darrin had thrown them in there.  To which I say, welcome to my world.


And for an update on my sugar detox...Day 1 was a success!!!  I took some pictures of my meals, but clearly there is an art to that and I need to refine it.  My food looked gross.  I don't want you guys to think I'm crazy :)  The best meal was the turkey burger for dinner.  They would have been better with ketchup, which I can't have, but they were still good.  They were a little too spicy for Miles, but Darrin couldn't stop talking about them.  I love when that happens.  I have to say, it hasn't been bad at all.  If anything, I've been too full & it's making me a little nauseous.  A lot of protein is hard to eat.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love to tear into a Twix, my personal favorite, but it has been totally doable so far.  Bring on Day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment