Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Good Times with Old Friends

Over the weekend, I had a girls' weekend with three friends from college.  We were sorority sisters together.  My college years were a blast....all I could ever ask for at that time in my life.  And, I made so many great friends during those years.  I stayed with Stephanie Friday & Saturday night.  We all met up for dinner on Saturday before going to see Keith Urban.

In order, Sharon, who is 7 months pregnant, Susan, and Stephanie...


The weather cooperated as we walked to and from the concert....not too cold and thankfully not raining.  It was a little windy though...



This was actually during the concert.  None of us can do anything without our phones anymore.  Back in the college days, I didn't even have a cell phone :)



These boots were not a good choice, but I knew that when I put them on.  Ouch...


There was a couple in front of us, and the guy was actually hitting on the girl on the other side of him.  It was entertaining all night...


When you go to a country concert in Nashville, there are always surprise guests.  Maybe it's like that everywhere but I tend to think it happens more in Music City.  We had three special guests, but Eric Church was the only one I knew.  I'm sure that's sounds terrible, but I'm just not a huge music person.




Keith Urban was awesome.  He sang a lot of his new songs first.  Ummm, "Cop Car" is the stupidest song I've ever heard.  I swore I was going to go to the bathroom when he started singing it. It actually did sound better live, but not enough.  I liked the second half of the concert better, when he started singing his older stuff. "Raining on Sunday" was probably my favorite.


I always think about Darrin a lot at concerts.  I love song lyrics.  There are so many songs that I relate to certain things or times.  This song has always made me think of Darrin.  I sent him a video clip of it during the concert but I don't think it ever went through.  Lyrics don't mean as much to him as they do me anyway.  Thought that counts.


The confetti at the end was so fun!




 

...not so much when it mixed with all the spilled drinks...




For the record, I'm laughing...I don't know what Sharon & Susan are doing...


Sad b/c the concert, and our weekend, is over...

No comments:

Post a Comment