Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Randomness

From time to time, it's necessary to blog about complete randomness in order to get the pictures off my memory cards and my phone. And since I don't have much to discuss tonight, it seems like a good time for a photo dump.  Here we go...

This kid loves to work...


I wish I could bottle up his enthusiasm and save it for his teenage years.


One of his favorite things to do is to build a fire with Darrin.  That is definitely a "boy" job in our house.  They deal with the firewood, start the fires, stoke the fire, clean the ashes out, etc.  I just enjoy it.  This is a picture from the first fire we had in our house... 


I thought I would take a picture in case fires turned out to be a cool thing for us, and they have.  Miles thinks they are the greatest thing ever.


It's official, Miles eats as much as I do on a regular basis.  Tonight, the portions on our plates looked exactly the same.  We had grilled chicken, roasted sweet potatoes, and a salad.  He cleaned his plate, starting with his salad.  Then, he ate some shrimp that I was getting ready for tomorrow night's dinner.  The key to a non-picky eater is no juice/tea/soda and no snacking.  He's always hungry when he sits down, so he eats whatever is in front of him.


We had a big meeting at work the other day and my friend, Melanie, and I showed up in coordinating outfits.  I have a couple friends that I seem to do this with a lot and she is definitely one of them...


That makes me think of this ecard...so funny...and true...


What?  You don't take pictures of your kids during a meltdown??


In case you are wondering, he had shepherds' staffs painted on his cheeks from Sunday School and I tried to wash them off when we got home.  I didn't realize that they were sacred. I learned my lesson.  Darrin would say that he gets his cry face from me...


If you are a bath person like me, this is the greatest stuff ever.  Big shout out to Ms. Donna for the recommendation.  The directions say to use 1.5-2 cups.  I've tried to use less in order to make it last longer, but it's not as good, especially if you have a deep bathtub.  Try it & let me know what you think.


I've been feeling a tad stressed lately and I'm sure some of you can relate.  This is what I repeat when I am stressed....


Well, that's all I've got.  I feel sufficiently caught up and my memory cards are clear.  I didn't give in to the Bachelor last night BTW.  Darrin goes out of town this weekend, so maybe I'll just get caught up then.  If you are still reading, thanks for hanging with my randomness!

No comments:

Post a Comment