Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

Darrin informed me that it was time to get back to blogging.  Probably a good idea b/c if I continue on this break, I may never start back.  I really enjoy the record for our family.  I used to actually enjoy blogging itself, but right now, I can't say that.  That's how it goes with blogging...sometimes it's fun and sometimes it's a chore.  So, I'm going to push through this funk until it's fun again.

Miles spent the last several days at my mom's house.  He had a great time.  Darrin & I missed him like crazy but it was also nice to have a break from baths, snacks, bed time, kid shows, etc.  Apparently he practiced a little hoarding while he was at her house.  He kept finding things and asking if he could take them home.  When Marmee agreed, he would put them in his suitcase immediately b/c he didn't want to forget them....


He took a teddy bear from our house to sleep with but he was so afraid that he would forget it, that he never got it out of his suitcase.  I met my mom half way today to pick him up.  While we were transferring his stuff to my mom he realized his worst fear had come true.  He forgot the other teddy bear that she had given him.  He had a complete meltdown.  It was so sad to watch him cry knowing that his careful little plan had failed him.  He totally gets that from me, so I could relate.

In other news, Darrin started preseason yesterday.  We had the girls over for dinner last night.  I literally cooked all day which was exhausting but fun.  I love to cook when I have nothing else to do, which was my yesterday.  We had poppy seed chicken, roasted broccoli, pineapple casserole, Dorito salad, rolls & strawberry butter, fruit salad, and caramel pie.  Most of the girls are from the north.  None of them had ever eaten poppy seed chicken before coming to Martin.  They love it now.  I got to introduce them to caramel pie last night too.  So deprived!  We are looking forward to a great season.  Loving this team picture...


We are off to watch the team practice for a little while this afternoon.  Hopefully I'm back to blogging now!

No comments:

Post a Comment