Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

Our weekend was filled with W-O-R-K but we have a lot to show for it, so I'll get to it.  Saturday morning, my friend, Melanie, and I, had a yard sale at her house.  I did really well at the sale, which funded our home improvement projects for the rest of the weekend.

Sunday after church, we headed to Lowes to get our supplies.  The goals for Sunday and Monday were to organize the detached garage, floor some of our attic space, and do a few minor improvements to the deck area.  We managed to accomplish everything.



First up....building a workbench that I found on Pinterest...

 

Here's the work bench after a couple hours on Sunday...


We realized that we had enough plywood to make another one, so after a trip to Lowes on Monday morning for more 2x4s, we had two work benches. This is the finished product after a coat of stain.  I wanted a natural looking stain...just something to give it a finished look, but not too finished that I had to be picky with it. 


While the work benches were drying, it was time to tackle the garage.  Before...


....and SEVERAL hours later....after...


I think the work benches are better than anything we could have bought, especially for the money.  It took us about $115 to make both of them.


Even with the lawn mower in the garage, we still have a spot for my mom when she comes to visit....


Despite all the work, we still made a little time for a cookout and cards with friends...




Hope your weekend was more restful that ours.  I did remember as I was folding the 5th load of laundry  and feeling completely exhausted that the Bachelorette started tonight.  Yes please & good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment