Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Second Floor Tour

At this point, the upstairs is more finished than the downstairs, so I thought I would give that tour first.

Miles' room is one of the reasons we loved the house when we looked at it.  It's spacious, has three windows & a built in desk, and has the biggest closet ever.  Miles is saying, "here's my room"...



This is his closet/playroom...




I love this little corner in his closet.  My mom found this map decal at Hobby Lobby.  It is so cute and my history/geography-loving husband loves it too.  We did the oil drip pan again as a magnet board.  I love that Pinterest idea.


Miles has learned several states, mostly where he has cousins.  The other day Darrin had a recruit from Indiana so he showed that state to Miles.  Later, Miles pointed to it and wanted to show me where "Hosanna" was :)


This is our upstairs TV room.  It's actually the 4th bedroom, but we didn't need it.  I love this room.  The ceiling is a little lower and it makes the room very cozy.  The idea of this TV room is another reason that we loved the house.  It came together exactly like I wanted it too.



This is our guest bedroom.  If you've stayed with us before, you know this is a big improvement.  We have never had a nice place for guests to stay, especially when it's more than one person.  It's always been a twin bed, an air mattress, or the couch.  Since we do occasionally have out of town guests, and b/c my mom visits often, we wanted a nice guest room.  We're ready now, so know that you are always welcome here :)


This is our room.  Our bedroom furniture is really big.  We bought it for our last house, which had a large master bedroom.  I wasn't sure we would have another room that would accommodate all of it again, but it fits perfectly in this room.  I bought the wall lamps, new bedding, and the bench at the end of the bed. I love how it turned out.


I'm so happy to have my TV back up on the wall.  This is how it was in our last house, but it was just on a dresser in the rental.  I much prefer it this way.  I'm serious about my TV watching in bed.



I didn't take pictures of the bathrooms, b/c it's hard to take pics of smaller rooms....and to be honest, they aren't my favorite rooms in the house.  The house was completely renovated two years ago.  The couple that owned it before us did a great job, but the bathrooms were not done as much to my taste as the rest of the house.  The master bath does have a walk in shower with a seat and two shower heads.  And, Miles' bathroom has a really nice tub that I LOVE.  They will have to stay for several years, until a remodel is in the budget.

We are still tying up some loose ends on the first floor so I'll give you that tour later.  We are loving the house and Miles seems to be very comfortable here.  We had some concerns about how comfortable he would be going upstairs or downstairs without us, and that has not been a problem at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment