Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Back to Life...

....back to reality.  Thankfully my life is one that I enjoy coming home to, b/c if not, this vacation would have been near impossible to leave.  I think it may have been the most relaxing vacation I've ever been on.  Unfortunately, it didn't start out that way.  The plan was to leave my house at 5am and pick Stephanie up at her sister's house which 45 minutes south.  I've been to her sister's house several times, but still wasn't exactly sure how to get there so asked for directions again.  I don't know if I was tired or excited, but I got lost and it took me an hour and a half to get there.  I felt like I was in a bad dream  Needless to say, I wasn't in the mood for a "we're on the road" picture like I had planned.  I don't like to drive and Stephanie does, so she hopped in the driver's seat and drove us all the way to Florida.

We stayed at Waterscape in Fort Walton.  It was very nice and both of us said that we would stay there again.  Mid May has to be the best time to go to Florida.  It wasn't crowded at all.  Here are a few pics of our condo...


My room...


Stephanie's room...



It was very nice and we each had our own bathroom too.


The pools were nice, but we never got in the them.  We wore a path to the beach and parked ourselves in beach chairs for four days straight.  It was really amazing.



The water was freezing, which was the only downside to going in mid May.  I did manage to get in the ocean twice.

 
We did a lot of people watching.  What is up with men digging holes on the beach?  You could see all these men from my chair, digging holes to China, at the same time.  This guy dug a massive hole and then sculpted a turtle in it...


It's hard to see, but this guy is digging with a shovel from Lowes or Home Depot.  A plastic toy would not do for him...


Here are two more...


One guy laid down in his to relax when he was done, but I didn't get a picture of that.  I think we were probably laughing too hard.  I wanted to leave this out of this post and see if Darrin would instinctively dig a hole when we go to the beach in a couple weeks, but it was too good to not include.

When we weren't people watching, we were reading.  Stephanie is a huge reader.  I am not.  However, it seems that when I have nothing else to do, I do actually enjoy reading.  I wouldn't know b/c I never have nothing to do.  I borrowed Jeremy Camp's book I Still Believe to read on the trip.




 It was so good that I actually finished it the second day.  Stephanie proudly took me to the book store...


....where I bought two more books.


My reading has slowed tremendously since I got home, but I am almost finished with the Tebow book.  It's very good too, but you have to like football.

We did a lot of shopping.  This was supposed to be a funny picture but Stephanie didn't participate, leaving me looking kind of ridiculous...


We ate yummy dinners every night.  Stephanie's favorite was the Back Porch.  


My favorite was Dewey Destin's.  


We planned the trip for a long time and I have to say that it definitely delivered.  What a fun, relaxing time that was much needed and very much enjoyed.


No comments:

Post a Comment