Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

My Weekend

Well, we survived our weekend in three separate places.  I was WAY too tired to blog last night. Miles & I both went to bed very early.  He started crying around 6:30pm from pure exhaustion and never stopped.  I felt like crying so I could totally sympathize with him.  He was asleep by 8pm and I was in bed by 8:45pm. 
It was a great weekend for all three of us though.  I'll blog about Miles' vacation later in the week.

I had the best time at the Women of Joy conference.  The weekend was filled with great speakers, music, friends, food, & laughs.  I have no doubt that God ordained the entire weekend & I was exactly where I was meant to be.

Christa & Shannon as we were loading up to leave...


Bethany & me...


Friday night we ate at a pizza place called Bearno's...


Laura, Sarah, Kimberly, and Christa...



Saturday morning before we left the hotel to go back to the conference...




Waiting for the Jeremy Camp concert...

 


Out of 4,000+ people, our group leader won the grand prize.  We acted like she won a new car.  $250 Visa gift car....a new car???  Same thing.  It was great.


The concert was excellent.  We had Chris Tomlin last year & I really didn't think anyone would compare, but Jeremy Camp definitely held his own.  Chris Tomlin sang more, but Jeremy Camp talked more.  Both were great.




After the concert, we went to the Cheesecake Factory for a late dinner.  I had so much fun.  It was a perfect way to wind down after the concert.  Our whole group, minus our music minister who drove the bus...


Shawn & me...oh and Sarah photo bombing...


My roomies went bowling but I couldn't hang.  Looks like they had fun though...




We had one more speaker on Sunday and then it was time to head home.  We stopped to eat of course...




Our ministers' wives & church staff...


It was a great trip & I already can't wait for next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment