Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

My First & Last 5k

I've been wanting to do a 5k for a while but just haven't done it.  When my friend, Carrie, text me about a Glo Run, I was on it.  It sounded like fun and I really wanted to see if I could do it or not.  I text back immediately and told her I was in.

Tonight was the night.  I haven't run in a week and a half and I never run outside.  Not exactly what you call prepared.  I can run a long time on a treadmill b/c the pace is set for me.  Something about outside makes it so hard for me to run.  I really didn't know what to expect.

All my church friends...love this group...


Christa, Carrie & I decided to start the race together and then just do our own thing as needed.  I'm sure they were so happy that I picked up some glow accessories for all of us.  Carrie may forget to invite me next year...


I was telling the girls before the race that this was going to be my first & last 5k.  Mallory informed me that this was only the start of a new addiction. Mallory & her cute kiddos... 


Carrie & Kayla getting their jams ready...



At the starting line...



I finished in just over 35 minutes.  I had to walk several times.  Christa & Carrie quickly left me in the dust. After the race with Carrie...



Sarah was so sweet to run with me for probably the first mile...




I had to inform Mallory after the race that she was very wrong.  5ks will definitely not be an addiction.  Good times with the girls, but been there, done that.

No comments:

Post a Comment