Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

I thought I would go ahead and post this even though I have tomorrow off and therefore my weekend is technically not over!!!  Friday night we had some friends over for pizza and the longest game of Rook in the history of Rook.  Miles, Allie, and Ansley eating pizza...


This is what happens when little girls come to play at our house.  These pictures crack me up.  The best part is that we didn't even ask them to pose.
 


One game of Rook, and only to 250 points, lasted probably 2 hours.  Of course there were multiple breaks for kids, food, etc....





I'm not sure what Carrie & I were distracted by, but not Jeni Beth...she never broke her pose....


Fun night with friends...


I must be training Miles well b/c he actually laid in bed longer than me on Saturday morning.  He was playing Free Flow on my phone and kept telling me that he was really good at it...


After he finally got up, we met Carrie & Ansley at the gym so the kids could play together in the kid area while we worked out.  I managed to run 25 minutes before Miles insisted that he was thirsty & hungry.  Definitely better than nothing.  

Darrin had a recruit in town, so Miles & I hung out at home.  I wanted to get out of the house on Saturday night so I offered to take Miles to see Escape from Planet Earth.  He said that he wanted to go, but when it actually came down to taking a bath and getting dressed, he decided that he'd rather stay home.  I practically begged him to go and he wasn't having it.  Unfortunately I had already gotten completely ready.  We stayed home and both went to bed early.

This morning, we went to church and took our regular Sunday afternoon nap.  I laid down with him and planned to get up once he fell asleep.  Two hours later, he was waking me up.  I guess I needed it.  Darrin rejoined the family around 5pm and he and Miles went to the driving range for the first time this year.  I was so thankful to have an hour to myself.  I spent it at the gym, which was perfect.  

We played the XBOX tonight.  This is the first time that Miles was able to really play with us.  We all had so much fun.  Excuse the underwear shots.  Miles has become the most hot natured kid and clothes are now optional.






In other news....we bought a house!  It all went down very quickly, and we are super excited about it. I looked at it on Monday...Darrin & I went back to look again on Wednesday....we made an offer at 7:30am on Thursday...and the deal was done an hour later.  One of our goals with our house hunt was to find a place that we could have a lot of people over at one time.  Darrin's family is big, our SS class is big, and we also want to be able to have Darrin's team over.  We found a place that can accommodate everyone inside and outside.  We have the home inspection tomorrow.  If all goes as planned, we will close mid April.  I had the house pulled up on the computer yesterday.  Miles walked by and asked if that was our new house.  I told him it was.  He didn't say anything...he just ran over and hugged my legs.  It was quite possibly the sweetest thing he's ever done. So this weekend was a great ending to a great week.  And I did I mention that I am off tomorrow???

No comments:

Post a Comment