Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

Friday night I drove to Austin Peay to watch Darrin's game.  Austin Peay is around an hour & 45 minutes away.  My mom & my brother live 45 minutes past there, so they came to watch the game.  As I was walking into the gym a ball bounced off the floor during warm ups and hit my camera....and now my lens won't turn.  I've been wanting/needing a new camera, so looks like I'll have to go ahead and make that happen.  As many pictures as I take, I can't live without a camera for long.  Needless to say, all my pictures from the weekend were from my cell phone or smaller camera.

My niece, Sarah, and me...


Two of our favorite couples, Matt & Ashley and Kevin & Jennifer, came to the game.  They live closer to Austin Peay than UTM now, so it was great to have them at the game.  Lots of good times with these guys...


I traded babysitting services with a friend whose husband coaches football at UTM.  She watched Miles on Friday night and I watched her youngest during the football game on Saturday.  She sent me this pic while I was at the game....


On Saturday, we hung around the house while I babysat.  Darrin's game wasn't until later that night.  Miles kept getting up during nap time.  At one point, he asked for some marshmallows.  Sometimes a small request like that is all it takes to keep him in bed.  So, I went to get him a couple....when I came back, he was wearing his Spiderman mask...


Finally it got quiet in his room and I knew he had fallen asleep.  I went back to shut his door and found him like this...


The game on Saturday night was at Murray State, which is just under an hour away.  I took Miles with me after having no luck finding a babysitter.  I probably could have found some place for him to go, but I really wanted to pay someone to come to our house so he could stay home and go to sleep in his bed.  It turned out fine b/c he was pretty good at the game.  Darrin's parents and Crystal, Steve & the girls were all there, so between the seven us, he was adequately entertained.  When we got to the game, the gym was evacuated for a fire alarm.  Miles enjoyed seeing the fire trucks...


We cheered hard, but lost our second game of the weekend...


Today, we went to church and then went to the UTM soccer game.  We hosted the OVC tournament and won it for the 2nd year in a row! Go Skyhawks!  Miles played with his friend, Marissa.  Notice the Spiderman mask that he had to bring...






Fun, busy weekend as usual.  I'm off to watch football with my guys.  Hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment