Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

Busy, busy weekend for us.  Darrin hosted a volleyball tournament, which began on Friday night.  Darrin's parents, Crystal, Steve, and the girls all came down to watch the games.  After the match on Friday night, all three kids when home with Granny & Pa, and Steve & Crystal spent the night with us.  I tried to get a picture of the kids before they left that night, but my cell phone failed me...




Saturday we played at 1 & 7pm, so we just chilled out that morning before meeting Darrin's parents and the kids at the game.  For the record, we went 1-2 for the weekend, but the team looked good.  They are young, so this preseason is very important for them.  They came along way just this weekend.


After the game, all three kids came home with me to watch a movie and hopefully have some downtime, while the adults went to eat.  Unfortunately there wasn't much, if any, down time for anyone.  At the 7pm game, Uncle Steve was able to get Miles to sleep but it didn't last. 


If he is ever woken up mid nap, it is bad news.  He's like me, without sleep he just melts.  I'm not much of a crier, but the odds of me crying goes way up when I haven't had enough sleep. When he woke up, he was inconsolable.  I tried to walk around outside...get him a drink...move to another part of the gym...but nothing was helping.  He was so tired and could not stop crying.  I finally said enough is enough and took him home.  The walk to the car was almost impossible.  It's a pretty good walk to start with, and then add a screaming, kicking, crying, hitting, wiggling child....I was about to start crying along with him. 

He cried the whole way home.  As soon as I got his pjs on him and he laid on the couch, he was instantly fine.  I think it was just a combination of being overly tired and overstimulated.  We watched one episode of Diego and then he went to sleep and didn't wake up until 8:30am, which NEVER happens. 


Sunday we went to church and then came home for nap time.  During his nap time, I left to go see my friend, Stephanie, in Nashville.  The timing of a one night get away could not have been better.  I was only able to stay from 6pm on Sunday until 1pm today b/c Darrin had a lot of work to do.  We made the most of it.....Outback, shopping, Target, talking, pedicures...


It was a great way to spend the end of my three day weekend.  I think I need to go back to work to get some rest!  Hope you all had a great, long weekend too.

No comments:

Post a Comment