Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

My Sunday School Peeps

Several years ago, our church started a new Sunday School structure based on age ranges.  At the time, Darrin and I were in our late twenties, so we went to the Twenties class.  The class consisted of six people, including the teacher, his wife, Darrin, me, and our friends, Erica & Daniel...


Over the last 6-8 years, this age group has exploded in our church and our class has grown like crazy.  Most of us are in our 30s now, but we refuse to leave our friends, so we dropped the age category and changed our name to The Well.  Why The Well? We were asked to come up with some names, which had to reference scripture, and then we all voted.  Rachel (pink shirt)....


...chose The Well from the woman at the well in the Bible.  Our class description:  This class expects: an encounter with Jesus, changed lives, engagement with the lost, and spiritual refreshment in hopes to turn a community upside-down for Jesus.

One of our favorite people in our church decided to begin teaching our class several years ago.  I think he's finally confident that we can make it on our own, so he's stepped down as our teacher.  We had a get together to show him how much he means to us and to say thank you.  Dan & Ms. Linda mean the world to all of us...


We took a group picture that has been named our family portrait.  Including kids, which there is no shortage of, there are 54 of us in the picture.  Not bad for a self timer shot...




Now that's a kids' table...








The girls... 


Everyone else missed the memo on the family portrait dress code...






I think we sent Dan off in style.  Everyone had a great time.  Simply put, I love this group of friends.  With a group this big you are always going to know some better than others, but I know that any of them would be there to help if I needed it.  They are great, and I feel blessed to have such great friends.  I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment