Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Laid Back Weekend

After a very busy week of Vacation Bible School last week, we had the most uneventful weekend we've had in months.....many, many months.  VBS was from 6-8:30pm, Monday - Friday.  I work until 5pm, so trying to get home, eat my crazy, restrictive diet food, feed Miles & Darrin, give Miles a bath, get myself ready, and try to be back at the church between 5:30-5:45 was stressful.  Darrin and I worked together each night to make it happen.  By the time Friday rolled around, we were begging for mercy.


I had a great group.  They showed up every night, participated, never complained or acted up....they were great...


Miles & Ansley getting a little practice in before the night began...



Miles' babysitter, Riley, is in the turquoise pants...


Miles is watching her to see what to do next, and copying her every move.  He told me over and over that Riley was on the stage...


Saturday we did a few things, but mostly just hung out at home.  Miles loves watching his DVD player in his bedroom or his playroom.  He watched his cousin's DVD player in her room, so now he thinks it's really cool.  Every time I mention watching it, he says, "like Ava".


Today we went to church, took naps, and then I decided we needed to get outside and play a little.  It's hot but there is a chance of rain every day this week so I thought we better get out while we could.  I text Ansley's mom, Carrie, and they were down with our plan to meet at the primary school to play.



They look so serious about playing...




It's all fun and games until someone gets stuck in the playground.  Clearly Miles has already forgotten that he is supposed to take care of Ansley...


They were picking up pebbles and pretending it was food.  Ansley said she was eating tacos, and Miles said he was eating a cheese roll up.  Fast food much?



I posted before vacation that I was going to try to slow things down a little and this weekend was my first attempt.  I found myself trying to make plans, but I fought the urge and we enjoyed a much needed, restful weekend.  Hopefully there are more it came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment