Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

28 Days

I can do anything for 28 days, right?  That's my motto for the next month.  Last week, I had my follow up with Dr. Bernui to this visit.  We decided that I needed to do the same detox that I did when I was first diagnosed.  It's 28 days of a very, very strict diet, and lots of supplements and shakes.  Looking back to when I did this detox in 2010, it feels like I had no idea what I was doing.  I remember I did a pretty good job with it, but I didn't know why I was doing it and exactly how much it could help.  Plus, I felt so badly then, that the diet alone didn't make a dent in how I was feeling. 

This time, I know the purpose and feel that this could be a huge step in the right direction.  As I've said before, to get Lyme under control, you have to first kill the bacteria and then get it out of your system.  If you don't get rid of it, it becomes a toxic overload for your body.  Thus, the purpose of a detox.  This diet will help get rid of the toxins in my body, as well as identifying any food allergies that I might have.  The major symptom that I still deal with on an almost daily basis is headaches.  There is a strain of Lyme that we might need to treat b/c it is known for causing chronic headaches, but Dr. Bernui doesn't want to add another layer of toxins without doing this detox first and seeing how I feel. 

This diet seemed very overwhelming the first time around, but it doesn't this time.  Don't get me wrong, it won't be fun....but I have done so many random things (some that I won't even mention on here) in the name of feeling better, that this doesn't seem crazy or daunting anymore.  It's just another step in the process.  I feel awful today, which I think can totally be attributed to no caffeine.  Darrin doesn't feel good, and Miles has run fever (no other symptoms) for the last two days.  Since we are all puny, it's family movie night.....so I'm off to watch Kung Fu Panda...Miles' pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment