Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Family Date Night


We went to see Madagascar 3 tonight.  Miles seemed to like it.  It was very average.  I think Darrin and I are hard to please when it comes to kids' movies.  At one point, I was watching the movie and the next thing I know, Miles' booster seat falls in the floor (loudly) and he falls between two seats in front of us.  It was super embarrassing.  The people were really nice.  Miles started crying b/c he was so embarrassed.  Luckily he stopped so we didn't have to take him out.  When we asked him about it after the movie, he said, "I just wanted to dance."

I had my phone appointment with Dr. Bernui today.  The high points:
•  Immune function is measured by a CD57 test.  The normal range is 60-360, with an average healthy person between 150-200.  When I was tested in 2010, mine was 19.  Along the way, I've gotten up to 34.  Today, I was back down to 19.  The news was a little disappointing, but it mirrors how I've been feeling. 
•  My thyroid tests all came back good, which I am very happy about. 
•  I need to drink more water.  This is always the case, but I'm really going to make a better effort. 
•  He gave me the option to switch over to antibiotics for the first time.  I really wanted to do that early on in my treatment, but today I declined.  I know the homeopathic vials work for me when I take them frequently.  I didn't want to start taking a combination of antibiotics that might come with random side effects.
•  Several months ago, he reduced the vials from every 3 days down to once a week.  Clearly my body was not ready for that.  So, back up to every 3 days.  It will probably make me feel worse before I feel better, but I'm ok with that b/c I know what to expect.  I am very confident that this will help more than anything.  I always feel better when I take the strongest vials, every 3 days.
•  He suggested that I might have a co-infection.  Obviously we are treating the Lyme, but there might be something else that we aren't treating.  We treated mono early on and it was very effective.  He believes the most likely co-infection is Bartonella, which is a bacteria that can be carried by ticks.  We may revisit this idea depending on how I do with the supplement changes.  Sometimes treatment is a guessing game.
•  He asked if I've been working out.  I was so proud to say yes, three days a week.  I didn't tell him that I only started 2 weeks ago :)  He asked how hard it was for me to work out.  Some days are ok but other days I have to go home and lie back down before I get ready for work.  He told me to back off a little...I don't need to completely drain my body.  Duh.  It sounded like a really obvious point as we were talking about it.  I hate when that happens.

I had gotten to a place where I only had appointments every 2 months, but given how I've been feeling, we are going to talk again the first week of July.  That's about all.  Sorry for all the detail, but I really like to have a record of this journey.  Also, I have had several people find me through this blog as they were searching things like....Dr. Bernui, CD57, Bartonella, homeopathic vials, etc.  I've made some new friends and hopefully been able to share some needed information with others.

1 comment:

  1. I like that you talk about your Lyme disease.. it's part of your life! Praying that upping the vials works. <3

    ReplyDelete