Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

It's Full

We went to my mom's house this weekend.  Darrin had a bachelor party on Saturday night in Nashville, so we drove there on Friday and stayed until this morning.  Saturday Miles hung out with Darrin at my mom's while the girls (my mom, SIL, niece, & Stephie) went shopping.  Then Darrin dropped him off at the mall on his way to play golf as part of the bachelor party.  We shopped & shopped & shopped.  Miles wanted to have his picture taken with the frog at the Rain Forest Cafe.


After shopping, we took LONG naps & then ate Chickfila and he played in the play area. After dinner, we went to Sports Authority & Dick's so my mom could find some tennis shoes.  I thought I would try to find a golf glove for Miles.  He needs an XS youth, but the smallest they had in both stores was a small.  Leaving without a golf glove was not a popular decision.  Miles screamed and cried the whole way out of the store and then repeated "I want a golf glove" no less than 50 times on the way home.  When we stay at my mom's house, I let him fall asleep in bed with me and then move him to his bed.  We fell asleep watching golf on TV.  At one point, he nudged me and said "see, I want a golf glove" as he pointed to the TV.  I promised for the 100th time that I would get one for him.

This morning, Darrin texted me at 7am to say that he was on his way home.  No surprise to me.  I knew he'd be ready to get back to us :)  Since he didn't bring any church clothes, we just decided to get an early start home.  We pulled in our driveway around noon which gave us time to nap, unpack, do laundry, play outside, wash the cars, get Mack from the vet, go out to eat, get yogurt, watch some TV, and get the little guy down to sleep at 8:30pm.

While we were eating yogurt, Miles climbed up on the couch with us and declared, "Family, I love you".  I'd say his love tank is full.  His heart is very happy after a weekend spent with his Marmee, and plenty of quality time with us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment