Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Touch a Truck

Yesterday, Miles & I made plans to go to the 2nd Annual Touch a Truck.  We went last year and had a great time.  Basically the event consists of tons of different types of transportation including fire trucks, tractors, a helicopter, a limo, etc.  The kids get to crawl all over them and honk the horns.  We had such a good time last year, that we chose Touch a Truck over the circus this weekend.  I have been wanting to take Miles to the circus, but I just couldn't pass us Touch a Truck, and it was free so that helped make it an easy decision.  We had plans to meet one of Miles' friends, Aiden, and his mom there.  We got there a little early and checked a few things out.  

First up, was the ambulance, which was Miles' number one priority.  He has been obsessed with ambulances lately.  We drive by the hospital on our way to & from daycare everyday.  He always checks to see if they are at the hospital, or if they are "gone to help somebody".

Next was a huge combine....

 
 
....and then a police car...
 Miles was having an okay time, but was very happy when Aiden arrived...
The event is held at a huge parks & rec complex that has a nice playground.  The boys got a little distracted...

They got to see the helicopter fly away...
 ....and then it was back to business...
Miles' friend, Ansley, joined in at this point.  She was running across the parking lot yelling "Miles, Miles".  It was super cute.  She usually calls him "Milesy" :)
Then the boys decided to do some "work"...

 I hope I never see this site when he is older....
Aiden helped Miles overcome his fear of big, dressed up characters.  Peer pressure is a crazy thing, even at age 2...
 Inside the fire truck.  This has to be one of the cutest pictures ever...


 He was saying "I run over you Momma" in this picture...

These pictures don't really go in order of the day....but they accurately portray Miles' theme of the day, which was "safety first".  He insisted on putting on his seat belt in every vehicle.  Check this out....







 
Darrin played golf in the morning, so after Touch a Truck we met him at home.  All three of us took naps.  Mine was just a cat nap b/c I had plans to go shopping by myself that afternoon.  I really needed to buy some work clothes and Miles is not a fun shopper.  Our shopping trips usually end with everyone extremely frustrated, each for our own good reason. 

So, I left the boys and went shopping.  I sent Darrin a text after the first store that basically said that I had done really well but that I was sad to be almost out of money.  Being the extremely gracious husband that he is, he told me to stay & shop as long as I wanted.  He's always very kind like that.  I don't usually take him up on the offer, but yesterday I did.  I didn't get home until after 10pm.  It was lots of fun, and good for me too, I think.  The boys enjoyed some time at the driving range & pizza for dinner. 
 I think everyone went to bed happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment