Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Touch a Truck

On Saturday, our local park hosted "Touch a Truck". There were over 20 different types of vehicles, including tractors, fire trucks, army trucks and even a helicopter. Darrin was helping a friend clean up storm damage, so Miles and I went together. I managed to get a few pictures....it was difficult managing him and the camera.

He was most interested in the school bus. It was the farthest from where we parked. We had to pass several vehicles to get there, but he was not deterred.

The school bus driver was so nice. He put Miles in the driver's seat and let him honk the horn, which immediately scared him. At that point he just wanted down. I don't have a picture b/c I left my camera in the car.

After the school bus we walked all the way back to the car with Miles screaming b/c he thought we were leaving. As soon as we got the camera and turned around, he was instantly happy again. Next stop was a tractor.

It was tricky putting him up in the vehicles and then hurrying back down to take a picture. He didn't really like being up high without me, so I couldn't linger.


The firetrucks were next...

Like the Easter bunny, he wanted nothing to do with the Fire Dog. This is as close as we got...

I thought the helicopter was pretty neat. He thought it was just ok.


The highlight of the day was definitely the Pepsi truck. Go figure. We had it all to ourselves, b/c no one else cared. I think it was just his speed.


Happy as could be...

...until I broke the news that we were leaving. An all out fit ensued. People were walking by...I was reminding them that they had this to look forward to when they left. I finally scooped him up with his head in one direction and his feet in the other....crying all the way to the car.

It was a very cute event. It was a challenge by myself, but totally worth it.

By the way...I've had a few people ask if we ever found the Veggie Tales DVD...no we have not. Hint taken. No more Veggie Tales for Miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment