Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Sick Kiddo

Our poor little boy is so sick. When he woke up this morning he felt warm, but not warm enough to say for sure that he had a fever. We checked and it was 99. He was a little whiny but no other symptoms. There has been a lot going around in his room at daycare, so Darrin & I quickly decided that he should stay home. About an hour later, his fever was already up to 101.5 and I was calling the doctor. Usually I would wait it out a day or two, but with it being Friday and so much exposure at daycare, I went ahead and called.

Darrin took him at 10:30am and I went to work :( I wasn't a happy mommy but I have to save my days for the times when Darrin isn't able to stay home with him. The doctor said his ears, throat, and mouth looked fine....just a virus or common cold....which means we have to wait it out.

He's been sleeping and watching Dora most of the day. When I came home from work, he was laying in my bed awake, but not facing the TV, with a bowl of marshmallows next to him. He was just staring in space. When he doesn't eat his marshmallows, you know it's bad. Poor kid. Darrin had given him Motrin an hour earlier but his fever was still 103. He's only had a high fever like this one other time.....I am not a nervous mom, but high fevers make me nervous. We may try a lukewarm bath in a little while.

Since I blogged Monday about him being mean to his teacher, his week spiraled downward. He wasn't nice to his teachers or friends all week. I'm really hoping that his behavior was a result of not feeling well. I guess time will tell. Must go take care of my baby now. Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment