Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

It's Going To Be A Good Year

Darrin and I love to make plans. I love to make plans b/c I always like to know what's going on, what's going to happen, how much it's going to cost, and exactly what I can expect. Granted...just b/c you make plans doesn't mean that all those things work out like they are supposed to....doesn't matter to me...I still love to plan things. Darrin likes to make plans b/c he likes to have something to look forward to & that's really the only reason. I'd love to say that I've converted him into a diligent planner over the last 10 years, but that would just be a lie.

Here are a few of the things that I'm planning & that Darrin is looking forward to...

I'm planning a girls trip to the beach with this chick. Super excited about digging my feet in the sand and not doing much else. The same week, Darrin is going on a golf trip with a bunch of guys. I don't have any pictures b/c guys don't take pictures.

Darrin is going to be a groomsman in Matt & Ashley's wedding in Nashville. We love these guys and are very honored to help them celebrate their day...

Darrin is also going to be in Jason & Christy's wedding in New Orleans. We are so happy for them & can't wait to be part of their wedding too. The plan is to make a vacation out of this wedding since we are already traveling a pretty good distance. We might take in New Orleans or drive down to the beach for a few days. Still planning, but sounds fun to me.


I'm also going to a Women's Conference in East Tennessee with our church, and we want to plan a weekend trip with Miles since sadly none of the above includes him. Shame on us, right? It makes me a little nervous to think about being away from him for any length of time b/c up until now that hasn't happened. I know it's good for all of us so I'm pushing on... It's going to be a busy spring & summer, which will get us back around to volleyball season....can I get an Amen!

All this fun begins in April....that's the good news. The bad news? Recruiting season begins tomorrow. Yuck! It's my least favorite part of Darrin's job, but it must be done. At least we have tons to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment