Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Another Headache Update

Tired of them yet? I am. But anyway...it's been a little over a year since I was diagnosed with Lyme disease. Since then, I have learned so much about Lyme, among other things. I've also met other people with Lyme which helps so much. One thing I've learned about Lyme is that it can literally make you crazy in the head. Not just emotionally, it physically messes with you mind, your memory, your ability to concentrate, as well as your emotions. Talking with other people that confirm your feelings, and that can totally relate, is comforting.

The last year has been a slow process of getting better. The homeopathic treatments & supplements I've been on can be very hard on your body. There have been a lot of ups and down. Right now, I am very happy to say that I am experiencing a lot of good days. I never thought the day would come when I would feel normal again....when I wouldn't need pain killers to get through the day...but 4-5 days out of the week, I'm there. Don't get me wrong, I still have headaches and my body is quick to remind me that I have Lyme. I am however much closer to my old self than I have been in a very long time.

I started working out of again and that feels great. My body hasn't made me stop yet. I love it. I said if I ever got through Lyme I would never take my health for granted again....and that means working out like I used to, and enjoying it. I didn't feel like going to the gym tonight, so I got the following workout off of Pinterest. It's brutal. I mean really, really bad. Far worse than I expected. Darrin & Miles cheered me on, and Miles even tried to do a lot of it with me. His favorite part was the water break b/c that meant getting to drink out of my water bottle. Heck, it was my favorite part too.

The main thing I've learned from Lyme is to take your health into your own hands. If you know something is wrong with you, don't stop until you find out what it is. Also, don't be satisfied with prescriptions. I strongly believe that a change in diet or lifestyle can fix a multitude of health problems. Treating my Lyme has been a hard process and to say that it's expensive would be a gross understatement, but it was the right way to treat it. I can't help that insurance companies don't pay for it.....it's still the best treatment for me....and health is worth far more than other things that we could spend our money on. I didn't really intend to go here with this post, but maybe someone needs to hear it. Off my soapbox and onto the couch. Good night all & thank you God for the good days I've had lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment