Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunday Afternoon Naps

The bedtime woes I talked about the other day are also naptime woes. We spent a little over an hour getting him to sleep yesterday, and last Sunday was dreadful. He needs a nap though. I would prefer to stick to the schedule that they use at daycare, which is lunch at 11 & then naptime, but I just can't spend a couple hours on Saturdays and Sunday trying to get him to take a nap.

So today Darrin & I talked about what to do and decided to let him watch a movie in our room, hoping he would fall asleep & could take his nap in there. We put in the one movie that he will watch from start to finish, Tangled, and waited to see what would happen.

We were pretty excited about the plan b/c it meant little interruption during the football games...none of which were worth watching BTW. I even gave him a bath & put him in his pjs b/c we planned to get comfy and stay home for the rest of the day.

He watched the movie for an hour, did not fall asleep, and then became bored with it & starting running around the living room like a wild man. He asked for a snack....so I gave him milk, rice cakes & some pineapple. He ate it and then crawled up in my lap & was asleep within 2 minutes. Darrin took him to bed and he slept for 2.5 hours.

Darrin & I were all set to watch the Broncos/Patriots game but then we both fell asleep and took a long nap ourselves. It was a good day in the McClure house. I see this Sunday afternoon routine happening again. It was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment