Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Slacking

My blogging has been slacking lately....and I feel really bad about it...but from the looks of my blog roll, I'm not the only one. So, my bloggy friends, pick it up a little please :)

I don't have any pictures b/c apparently my picture taking is also slacking. There are a couple miscellaneous things I would like to mention, mostly so I will have them for future memories.

First, quick update on Miles' toddler bed situation. He has done really well in his toddler bed. It hasn't been the big adjustment that I feared. The first week he did great, and then he realized he could get up whenever he wanted in the morning. He still has never gotten up at night. Around the second week, he started waking up earlier and earlier....from 6:30 to 6:15 to 5:40 and then 5:09 on a Saturday morning. That was the straw....it was time to break this trend. So, we decided that no matter what time he got up the next day, we would get up & start our day. We had a talk with him before bed and told him that he needed to stay in his bed and that he was not allowed to get in our bed. The next morning he got up early again, so begrudgingly we got up and made our bed. He was pointing saying he wanted to get in our bed. We explained that he wasn't allowed to and that it was time to get up. I told him he could go lay back in his bed, but he didn't want that. I felt like a really mean mom, but I strongly believe you have to establish these standards and then you slack every now & then later. Long story short, it took 2 days and he stopped getting up. Success.

Second, to carry on with the sleeping theme...Miles has asked to take a nap for two days in a row. Yesterday I couldn't believe my ears when the said "Wanna take a nap". I told him he needed to hug my mom and niece who were visiting and about to leave. He did and then walked back and crawled in his bed and slept for 3 hours. Today, he ate lunch after church & then stood up in his high chair and said "go to bed" and then he did for 3 hours. Clearly he takes after me....the one who crumbles without sleep.

I guess that's about all. What a snoozer, right? I'll try to get with it this week. Have a great Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment