Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Rain, Rain Go Away

Oh the rain...it's never ending. This is the craziest weather I can remember in a long time. Last night they were predicting record breaking storms in west Tennessee. So, my hubby decided we needed to spend the night in the volleyball locker room. The locker room is kind of low lying and the walls are made of cinder block. It's a really safe place if you are into sleeping in locker rooms. Before Miles, we probably would have slept through the storm at home, but he changes things of course.

So we loaded up, including Mack, and headed to the locker room...

I don't understand?? Why are we here?

Our party grew to 2 adults, 1 baby, 1 dog, and 5 volleyball players...

The girls slept in the actual locker room. We slept on an air mattress in Darrin's office. It was dreadful, but at least we were safe. Sleeping on an air mattress with a little wiggle worm and a hubby that is twice your size is no fun at all. When Darrin laid down all the air redistributed to my side...you can imagine.

I was reminded why we have worked so hard to ensure that Miles does not sleep with us. He crawled all over me all. night. long. His usual bed time is between 7:30 and 8pm. When we finally turned out the lights at 10:30ish, he was sitting on top of me barking like a dog.

Thankfully the storms weren't as bad, in our area, as they predicted. I'm thankful that we had a safe place to go, and a husband/father that cared enough to keep us safe. With that said, I hope we don't have to repeat last night for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment