Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Random Thoughts

Just a few random thoughts to keep my streak of blogging alive:

1) Miles went to bed without his pacifier tonight, and there was no crying...not even a whimper. He's really gotten into a good bedtime routine. He goes to sleep willingly and doesn't make a peep all night. The past couple of nights when I laid him down I had forgotten to get his pacifier. He seemed perfectly content without it but I got it anyway b/c I didn't want to disrupt this great thing we have going. The way he laid down though, just seemed different. He seemed very snugly and content without it. So we tried it tonight and he was fine. Night #1....

2) I am so ready for spring, just as I'm sure everyone else is too. I'm tired of my winter clothes. I'm ready to go through the closet and exchange the winter for spring & summer clothes. I'm also ready to play outside with Miles. Our neighborhood is friendly on summer nights. Ready to see my neighbors!

3) It is a cold, rainy, nasty night here. We went grocery shopping tonight. I really don't like grocery shopping in the rain, especially the cold rain. We've really been trying to stick to a strict budget this year. Grocery shopping has been one of the most difficult areas to limit our spending. I'm proud to say that we came in under budget by $10 tonight.

4) Our church has been without a pastor since last July and our new pastor starts this Sunday! Our college minister has been filling in and has done a terrific job. Since last July, 34 people have joined our church. That's pretty amazing considering we were without a pastor. I love my church and my church friends. Central Baptist is an amazing place to worship.

5) I have several babies/kids that need your prayers. They've been heavy on my heart. Scarlet Hollingsworth was born last week. Complications right before delivery caused her to be deprived of blood & oxygen for some time. She was without a pulse for 15 minutes. Her parents will learn more about the extent of injuries tomorrow (Wednesday). Eli Pollock (11 months) was diagnosed with Leukemia a little over a month ago. He has responded well to treatment, but still has a ways to go. Lucy Krull (5 years old) was diagnosed with cancer a month ago. She has tumors on her brain and spine. Treatment is going to be a tough road.

6) My headaches & other symptoms have been really bad lately. I start another round of homeopathic treatment for Lyme disease tomorrow. I, along with my doctor, expect good results. The treatment will last for 2 months. I will take a vial every 3 days, going from vial #1 to 10 and then vial #10 to 1. #1 is the strongest. I expect a herx reaction when I start with #1 but hopefully enough of the virus will be "killed off" towards the end, and I won't experience it again. I'm really hoping I don't have to miss any work. The last time I started the vials when I was off and there's no way I could have worked. I am prayerful that this marks a turning point.

I feel like this post went from light & happy to heavy & dark all of the sudden. Sorry about that. It's just what's on my mind. I'm going to hang out with my hubby. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment