Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Alone Time

Last night was the first night I have spent alone since Miles was born. I have spent nights without Miles & with Darrin, or without Darrin & with Miles, or without Miles & Darrin but with my mom....but I haven't spent a night totally alone in almost 19 months. How crazy is that? I really hadn't thought about it until last night.

Darrin was out of town recruiting and Miles spent the night with Granny & Pa. I have to admit that I was giddy all day at work thinking about how I would spend my time. I'm a person that likes alone time here & there, so it's crazy to think I haven't had any in soooooo long. It was quite good for my mind & heart. The best part about the night was not talking. I know that sounds weird, but it felt good to just do whatever I wanted, when I wanted to, without talking to anyone.

So how did I spend my first night alone in a year and a half? Straightened up the house (b/c I can't relax in messiness), blogged, ate dinner (eggs & biscuits), took a bath, made & ate brownie batter, read some Parent magazines, shopped online (a baby gift & diapers, nothing fancy), watched 2 episodes of American Idol, watched 2 episodes of House Hunters, and called it a night. Wild & crazy, huh? Regardless, it was nice....and I decided that I don't need to wait 19 months to do this again.

Miles spent the night at Darrin's parent's house with his cousin, Ava. They had a great time. I thought he would have a come apart when it was time to leave, but I think he was too exhausted to put up a fight. I heard him snoring within minutes....

No comments:

Post a Comment