Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

So So Weekend

I can't really say it was a good weekend b/c Darrin was out of town, but it wasn't bad either. Miles & I made it fine. We played on Friday night and both went to bed early. Saturday we played around the house & went to Hunt's birthday party in the afternoon. Today we made it to church on time, both took naps, had a visit from Granny & Pa and then went back to church. Besides the fun things we did, it was kind of uneventful, which is the sort of weekend I hope for when Darrin is out of town. It's nice when Miles just follows his normal schedule and we go with the flow.

Miles was very excited about Granny & Pa stopping by. I mentioned it way too early, which caused a lot of whining and pointing towards the door until they actually arrived. Next time I'll just let them surprise him.


I thought I'd offer an update on the Lyme treatment. I can't remember exactly what I have shared (and I'm too lazy to go back and look) so forgive me if I repeat a little. I went through 30 days of homeopathic treatment for Lyme disease that caused a predicted onset of all my symptoms....headaches, neck stiffness, joint pain & body aches. By the end of it I was begging for antibiotics b/c I thought the treatment wasn't working and wanted to go with a different option.

According to my doctor the medicine was working & had stirred my body up. We now needed to let it rest for a couple weeks. We did, and he was right. After resting my body, I was better. After talking through it with Dr. Bernui, it was obvious we had made some progress treating the Lyme disease but still had some work to do.

Dr. Bernui believes that by the time patients get to him, they have layers of issues to treat. In my case, he thinks the active mono is also causing some problems. So, I am currently undergoing 30 days of homeopathic treatment for mono. I am half way through and am experiencing a lot of the same issues as I did when I took the Lyme treatment. The homeopathic treatment works by killing off the virus in my system and then I have to get rid of it by drinking 80+ ounces of water a day. I'm trying to drink lots of water and just make it through.

After I finish with this treatment, we are going to let my body rest for a couple of weeks and then probably treat the Lyme disease with 30 days of homeopathic treatment again. As Dr. Bernui says, I didn't get sick overnight & I won't get better overnight either. I feel like we are on the right track. It is definitely a longer & harder process than I thought. This whole experience has been quite a journey. It's been so long since I felt good that I don't really remember what that feels like. If & when I feel that way again, I will never take my health for granted again.

1 comment:

  1. Your story is interesting. My wife just had her follow up (2nd meeting) met with Dr. Bernui last week and he has diagnosed her with Lyme. Our heads are spinning and are trying to determine what route we want to go next.

    ReplyDelete