Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Conflicted

Miles is like his daddy in so many ways. He eats fast, he's tall, he's social, he gets fixated on the TV, he's affectionate, he falls asleep in less than 2 minutes, he's an early bird, he loves life... However, as we start to see more of his personality, it's becoming clear that he's a lot like me. I'm conflicted about whether I think this is a good or bad thing.

I have always been a perfectionist. I had the onset of ulcers at age 16 and suffered with stress headaches all through high school & college b/c I put so much pressure on myself. There is good that comes with this type of personality but most days it's exhausting. Thankfully Darrin came into my life and lightened me up a lot. And I don't say that jokingly, I thank God for him. I know he is the one for me...opposites do attract. I am able to let stuff go a little more now & not everything has to be perfect anymore, although Darrin might disagree.

The other day when I picked Miles up from daycare, he had a play spoon & fork in his hands. Instead of dropping them and coming to me, he acted excited to see me, and then walked over to the play stove, opened the door, and put the fork & soon inside. I took my shoes off in his playroom a couple weeks ago...he grunted, picked up my shoes, and took them to my room. I later found them perfectly aligned by my bed. He likes to watch TV in his red chair now. He drags it over in front of the TV to watch Handy Manny. Tonight when I gave him his milk, he held the sippy cup under his arm and proceeded to push the chair back to where we typically keep it. After the chair was in it's place, he walked over to the couch to sit in my lap and drink his milk.

What a funny kid. It's so fun to watch his personality develop. We may have to work on this aspect though, I'm not sure Darrin can survive two of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment