Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day started with gifts for Miles and Darrin. We put Miles in bed with us first thing this morning and gave him a new book, "First 100 Words" and a pink hippo. He's really into hippos these days, or as he says "up-pos", so I ignored the fact that it was pink and bought it anyway.


Darrin got a goody bag with random things & an iTunes gift card. As he opened his gift, he told me that I would be getting mine later in the day. I confess that I thought for sure that he had forgotten. I actually didn't mind b/c I really enjoyed shopping for them and sharing some rare time together in the morning.

Miles' Valentine party at school was at 2:15pm. The plan was to meet Darrin there at 10 after. Around 1:30pm, I was standing in the hall talking to friends at work and Miles came flying around the corner and ran to me with a card. It was the cutest thing ever and nearly brought tears to my eyes. I said that I would read the card later b/c I would probably cry and then said that it was almost time to go to Miles' Valentine party....still oblivious that my husband had other plans. It's not unusual for them to visit me at work so I thought Darrin was just trying to surprise me by bringing my Valentine's cards to my office with Miles.

Finally Darrin made me read the card from Miles. It explained that he was there with Daddy to take me away for the rest of the afternoon. Darrin's card went on to explain that we had dinner reservations at Patti's, which is also where we had our first date. We left and enjoyed a great afternoon together. The weather was beautiful and Miles was so well behaved. It takes a little over an hour to get there and I must say the drive was so nice just to spend time together.

A few pictures at Patti's...








Happy Valentine's Day to the loves of my life. I will love you both forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment