Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

Just wanted to document a few of Miles' favorite things. Even though it seems like I'll never forget all the things he does, I know how it goes. I want to be able to tell him about his childhood...how he acted and what he liked.

He loves to play...especially with puzzles, balls, and toys that have music & sounds. I credit him sitting at a table playing by himself to daycare. He climbs up there all the time and plays. It doesn't hurt that he usually gets marshmallows for a snack at night while sitting at his table.


He loves books. The majority of every night is spent with us sitting on the couch and Miles bringing us books to read. We'll read the book, and then he'll take it back and get another one. Right now, he's still killing me with Good Night Gorilla.....over and over and over every night. I think I read it five times tonight.

He loves vegetables. Green beans are his favorite, but he also loves peas, corn, carrots and broccoli. He's not crazy about mashed potatoes, which seems odds to me. I thought all kids loves mashed potatoes. Another meal that he loves is pasta with spaghetti sauce. I fix some type of whole wheat pasta that he can pick up, shells or ziti, and then put some spaghetti sauce on it. He consumes that meal faster than any other...right hand, left hand...shove.

He loves daycare. We've started letting him walk in every day. He knows exactly where to go and practically rips the gate down every day to get into the area where the kids are. I can tell he loves his teachers and all the kids. I dropped him off one day last week and ran across the room and threw his arms around Ms. Debra's legs. Very sweet. He's always playing like crazy before I can sign in and leave. What a great feeling to know that he loves daycare.

He loves to watch animal videos on You Tube with Darrin. It's a great way to entertain him. He jabbers and points to the screen. He loves animals. We can't wait to take him back to the zoo.

He loves bubble baths. He really likes any kind of bath, but bubbles make it very exciting! Tonight I put him in the tub the whole time it was filling up. He kept trying to drink the water as it was coming out. I definitely think he's going to love the water. Hopefully Santa will put some bubble bath in his stocking.

1 comment: