Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Deck the Halls

My mom and I put up the Christmas decorations on Saturday. Christmas decorations are not Darrin's thing. It's not a ceremonial time for us...turn on the Christmas music and bake cookies while putting up the tree. I'm fine with that. There's even been a couple years that we didn't put up a tree at all. Blasphemy, I know. Anyway, it was so fun to have my mom's help this year. It doesn't hurt at all that she's kin to Martha Stewart.

I decided to keep it simple this year b/c I figures Miles would be a handful. I went with a tree, the front door, and Christmas dishes. That's all....no set around stuff.

At first, Miles wanted to help....

That wasn't working. So, he and Daddy went to Walmart to browse the electronics while we put up the tree. That's where you entertain a kid in the wintertime when you live in Martin, TN.

I wanted to see how Miles looked in some of our Black Friday purchases. Darrin was making fun....telling Miles that they were going to the North Pole and it was going to be freezing there.

He did a little investigating when they returned. He liked it but didn't care too much about it. Perfect.



I love how the front door turned out. Too bad it's very sunken in and most people will never see it unless they are coming to visit. Oh well, I still love it and enjoyed decorating it. Thanks for your help Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment