Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Vacation - Day 3

Day 3 was great! Miles woke up in a good mood and you could instantly tell that it was going to be a better day. I wanted some pics with my little man on the beach, so we took care of that first.

Here you can see how green the water was. After worrying for weeks about oil, it was seaweed that kept us out of the ocean. I hated that we couldn't get in, but it wasn't the end of the world for either one of us. Especially with Miles being so young...we wouldn't have been able to do much in the ocean and on the beach anyway.


This is a play area at our condo for bigger kids. It was really cute. The orange bucket at the top of the picture fills with water and dumps over the play area every minute or so. Miles was obviously too young for this but I still wanted to include a pic. The water was freezing. It was open to the outside, but under cover, so I guess the water never had a chance to be warmed by the sun. Naturally the kids didn't care.



We went back to the Splash pad for more fun. Miles enjoyed it a lot more since he was feeling better. He tends to be very reserved when he's around a lot of people. He warmed up to the other kids that were playing and crawled all around them. At one point, a little boy walked up and pushed Miles down. He was probably 2 1/2. His mom just walked over and got him but didn't say anything to us. I saw very quickly that Darrin does not appreciate unruly kids. He was not happy. Miles was unfazed.



After a full day of fun in the sun, we went in to get ready for pictures and dinner. While I was getting Miles ready I noticed a new tooth on the top and the bottom. He cut 2 new teeth in 2 days, which explains why he had been feeling so bad. I'm so thankful that he was able to enjoy at least half of the vacation.
I picked the hottest night for pictures. We were literally melting while taking these.


I used to be good about asking people to take pictures for us, when it was just Darrin and me. With Miles, I just feel like it's an inconvenience b/c it's an effort to get him to look at the camera. We got a lady on the beach to take these for us. She was really nice and even made noises to try to get Miles' attention.

I don't like how you can't really see our faces, but you just can't be picky when someone is taking pictures for you.

We ate dinner at Red Robin. After two nights of local restaurants, we just wanted something simple that we knew was good. We walked around Pier Park for the 3rd night in a row, and finally made it through all the shops. It was a great day and night.

No comments:

Post a Comment