Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mr. Independent

I feel like I've posted a ton of high chair pictures lately, but I have a new food development to discuss. Miles has decided that he would like to feed himself. And when I say "he would like to feed himself" that means he WILL NOT let us feed him anymore. He turns his head and clenches his mouth. Then, he screams for me to give him the spoon. The night I discovered this I actually gave him the spoon to see if that is what he wanted. This was his immediate reaction...

I let him play with it for a while to hopefully let him get it out of his system. I thought he might get frustrated b/c he wasn't able to get any food. No such luck.

I text his teacher to see if he was doing this at school. I asked her if the kids fed themselves at daycare. She said that he has become very independent and won't let them feed him either.

I let him eat his dinner by himself tonight. He did a pretty good job until he was finished. Then, I looked over and he was smashing the food in his hands. I tried to feed him some banana ice cream after dinner. I thought for sure he'd let me since it was something he loved. Nope. I hope this phase ends soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment