Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Healthy Ice Cream

When we were completely eliminating milk from Miles' diet, I searched online to find some recipes. I came across one for banana ice cream. Since he's had a sore throat, I thought it would be a great time to try it.

Banana Ice Cream
Freeze 2 bananas. When you are ready to make the ice cream, let the bananas set out long enough to soften up. This will allow you to peel them. Put the bananas in a bowl (I used my Kitcheaid mixer). Add 1 tbsp of softened butter. Add 1/2 cup of soy milk. If your child drinks regular milk, I'm sure it would be even better with that. Mix on medium speed adding milk until you get a creamy mixture. It won't be completely smooth. I divided the ice cream in separate containers for individual servings. When he was hungry, I just warmed it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.

He LOVES it. Using two bananas made around 8 servings. Next time I will double the recipe. I will definitely be on the lookout for more recipes that are this easy, and healthy.

By the way, Miles is better. I took him to daycare yesterday but they ended up calling around 11am saying that he had a 101.6 fever. When we got home, he took a 3.5 hour nap. After that, he was fine. Unfortunately I couldn't take him back to daycare today b/c his fever was over 101 yesterday. Normally Darrin would be able to help but with preseason, I'm stuck using a lot of my time off. I was able to get stuff done around the house today to get ready for his party on Saturday. Fingers crossed he'll still feel good for his big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment