Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Vacation - Day 1

We left for vacation on Tuesday. We drove to Birmingham and spent the night.

Wednesday morning we woke up and drove to Panama City Beach. Miles tolerated the drive pretty well...although he did start to melt about the time we arrived. We turned him around so he was facing forward for the drive. That's about a month earlier than I wanted to, but I didn't think any of us would survive if he was facing backward for the whole trip.

We are staying at Splash. It's a newer kid friendly resort. Our condo is really nice. The only complaint about the condo is that our wireless Internet hasn't been working so I haven't able to blog each day like I wanted to. It's a lot slower than our home Internet (when it does work) so I'm not sure I'll blog anymore until I get home.

When we arrived on Wednesday, we got a few groceries and tried to settle into our condo. We went to the beach and explored the pools. There wasn't much time for anything that day. So, we got ready and went to dinner. Panama City has a new mall called Pier Park. Actually, I'm not sure how new it is. We haven't been here in 8 years and it wasn't here then. We walked around the mall and ate dinner at the Back Porch. Dinner was yummy.

Miles played peekaboo with a little girl at the table next to us. We asked her parents if she could come to dinner again tomorrow night since she did such a good job of entertaining him.



We shopped for a little while after dinner, got some ice cream, and went back to the condo for a little play time before bed.

That's all for day one.

2 comments:

  1. I hope that you guys have a great time. I must say, I have the cutest nephew ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures! We went to that area last year for my friend's wedding. We loved Pier Park! Wish we could have explored there more.

    ReplyDelete