Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

Home Alone

Miles and I have been home alone since Sunday morning. Darrin went on a golf trip to Biloxi, MS. I don't announce on here when he's out of town for obvious reasons. I already check under my bed at night and sleep with a mag flashlight on Darrin's side of the bed while he's gone. I don't need to create any other insecurities in my head. When I was in 7th grade our house was broken into and I was the one that came home and found it. Scarred for life....that's another post.....

While Darrin was gone, I lived like a bachelor. Not a cute, fun bachelorette. A sloppy bachelor. I ate egg mcmuffins, either from McDonald's or homemade, for breakfast or dinner, eight times. The two nights I didn't eat egg mcmuffins, I ate a popsicle one night, and 2 pieces of lemon ice box pie that my in laws brought me for Mother's Day. I think I gained at least 5 pounds this week.


I also lived like a slob. Didn't make my bed one day and just threw clothes wherever they landed. I did one load of laundry all week. On two days, I actually got pants out of the dirty clothes, ironed them and wore them b/c everything was either dirty or didn't fit.



So, last night it was time to get to work. I can't let Darrin know that I think it is remotely acceptable to live like this for even a week. After all, it's taken me almost 9 years to get his housekeeping habits up to my standards :)

This is what Miles did while I cleaned my room.


And, this is what he did while I cleaned the kitchen. There I go again pacifying him with food.


I was very excited that Darrin was able to go on this golf trip, but have not been looking forward to a long week at home by myself. I have to say, it wasn't that bad. Miles slept through the night most of the nights and went according to schedule every night. He knew I needed his cooperation. We are very, very happy to have Daddy home.

No comments:

Post a Comment