Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

That's What I Love About Sundays...

Today was filled with all my favorite things. First, we went to church. I love our church and all of our friends at church. After church, I made cupcakes. Look out Jan...don't worry I'm not quiting my day job. Jan is my college roommate and now owns a Gigi's Cupcakes in Murfreesboro.


I love to cook especially when I have a new toy. I got a KitchenAid mixer this weekend. It is awesome. So far I've made mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs and cup cakes & icing. Ok, so maybe the scrambled eggs were a bit much for the mixer....I thought it would make them extra fluffy. While they were good, they still tasted like regular scrambled eggs.

Next came my Sunday afternoon nap....even better with Miles. I fell asleep while watching the Masters. Sunday afternoon golf, especially during a major, is another favorite. Notice that Mack still gets a little attention...



The rest of the day we just hung out with the little man. He got two teeth this weekend and has been a little bit of a handful. He just hasn't felt good. I think teething combined with seasonal allergies is making him feel lousy. One thing that hasn't slowed down is his appetite. He must be going through a growth spurt. The boy is putting away some food.



We took care of the yard work yesterday....weeded the beds and put down new mulch. This is always a job I dread, but it looks great and it's done for the year. I also changed out my winter and summer clothes, getting rid of what I don't want (a.k.a clothes I can't fit in to). I love weekends that are somewhat restful, but productive at the same time. I feel ready for the week.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! I have several friends who LOVE Gigi's. I didn't know that little tibit of info!

    I wouldn't take anything for my KitchenAid. It makes life SO much easier.

    I love your blog! Miles is a cutie. :D

    ReplyDelete