Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sick Baby


Miles has been congested since Thursday. He ran a low fever on Friday night, and just hasn't been himself lately. He got worse yesterday.....and then Darrin started running a fever. Last night they both went to bed at 9pm with fevers. Darrin's was around 101, and Miles' was 102.3, which is the highest he's ever had. Our pediatrician said to go straight to the ER if his fever gets to 102 at this age. I actually got dressed and was prepared to take him, but it dropped a little to 101ish. He got up around 10:30pm and was crying. Per Darrin's cousin, who is a labor & delivery nurse and has 2 kids of her own, I put him in a lukewarm bath and kept him there until the water cooled off. It was kind of pitiful b/c he didn't not like it and I could tell he was cold. But, I knew if his fever would break that he would feel better. Worked like a charm. He went right to sleep after the bath and sleep until 5am. That's kind of early for him, but he slept a lot yesterday. He also threw up his entire night time bottle, so he was hungry. I fed him 8 oz and he went back to sleep until 7:15am.

He's resting in his room now, which is like a Vicks Vapor chamber. The humidifier is going, he has Baby Vicks on his chest and there is a Vicks plug-in in the wall. That regiment seems to have really helped his congestion.

Darrin is a little better today. He doesn't have a fever but he is still very achy.

I'm off tomorrow for MLK Day. I'm glad I have one more day to get both of them better.

No comments:

Post a Comment