Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First Bath

Miles had his first bath tonight. He's just been having sponge baths while we were waiting for his cord to fall off. He didn't enjoy the sponge baths b/c he stayed cold the whole time. As you can see from the pictures, he seemed to like the real bath.

Just chillin....



While Darrin was taking the following picture & I was busy trying to get the hood on his head, Miles decided he needed to pee. Neither of us noticed the stream going all over the kitchen floor b/c we were so preoccupied with the picture taking. Too bad we didn't capture that shot...


Here's a few other random shots...

Mack has become quite protective of Miles. He always lays right next to him.

A friend asked me when I started this blog if I thought I would have time to continue it after he was born.....it is definitely challenging to find the time. There is always something to be done, and I try to rest occasionally when he naps. I'll try to update weekly...at least post new pictures even if there isn't much commentary.

We had to change formula a couple days ago. I have a terrible stomach and am lactose intolerant. Unfortunately, I'm afraid Miles might have inherited this from me. Hopefully he will outgrow it. Changing formula has helped but there continues to be an adjustment period. I'm optimistic that his stomach will settle down in the next couple of days, which will result in more restful naps during the day and sleep at night.

I am still recovering from the c-section, but feel great. It feels sooooooooo good to not be pregnant any more. As most of you know I was not a fan of pregnancy. As much as I complained (daily) about being pregnant, I've already forgotten how bad it was. Someone told me that after the baby got here that I would look back on pregnancy as just a short time in my life, and they were absolutely correct. When I was pregnant it seemed like years, but now I don't even think about it. That being said, it will take a lot longer to forgot how bad labor was :) At least next time I can just schedule my c-section. That's the only reason Miles might actually have a sibling.

Random thought...after deciding not to find out if the baby was a boy or girl, I said many times that I would stick with it this time but probably wouldn't do it again. Wrong. The surprise was incredible, and I would absolutely do it again. I can't think of anything that compares with that moment.

So far adapting to a new baby hasn't been as hard as everyone said. Yes, Miles has changed our lives completely. However, the changes have seemingly come very easy for both of us. We had 8 years to ourselves, and we enjoyed them immensely. Miles is just the next chapter, and we love it.

2 comments:

  1. Great blog post and he is just adorable! Glad you guys are doing so well. Let me know when you are going to be at your mom's, I would love to come visit if you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little late catching up on your blog.

    I'm glad you guys are adjusting so well. I think you said it best, you had those first few years to yourselves & Miles is just the natural next chapter in your lives. And, what a good chapter, huh?

    It makes me so happy to see you enjoying motherhood.

    ReplyDelete