Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

Rocker & foot stool

Darrin has been out of town since Friday, so I thought I would tackle a project I've been putting off. My mom and I, mostly my mom, recovered a rocker that has been in the family for several years. I used it in my college apartment and then for several years after. We ended up giving it back when we moved to the house we are in now b/c we didn't have a good place for it.....until now. So, I asked for it back. Of course she said yes. I picked out the fabric and we worked to recover it a couple of weeks ago. My goal was to find a foot stool that would look good with it, and then to attempt to recover it myself. My mom is very creative and crafty. I try, but usually I'm not pleased with my projects unless she helps me with them. Well, here is the foot stool before. I paid $8 for it at an antique store.

Here is the after picture. I actually really like it. It turned out better than I hoped. The fabric is a little crooked, but I'm the only one that will ever obsess about that. Thanks for teaching me how to do this stuff mom!

It looks like the wood on the rocker and foot stool don't match, but in person they look a lot better.

Here are a few new nursery pictures. Not much has changed, except we added the rocker.


3 comments:

  1. They look so good! I would never have noticed the fabric was crooked.
    Now that you know how to recover furniture you want to come over & help me with a chair? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very impressed. I have a hard enough time sewing a button back on. Nursery looks awesome! Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete