Pages

Saturday, December 30, 2023

Scenes Fom Our Sick House

As I said in my last post, we are on day 6 of sickness around here. I cannot remember a time when Darrin and I were this sick at the same time. 


Over the week, we've tried everything...rotating Tylenol & Motrin, gargling salt water, diffuser with Breathe, Breathe & Vicks on our chests, nasal rinses, nasal massages, heating pad for body aches, lukewarm showers for fevers, hot baths with essential oils, Sudefed, Allegra, OTC & prescription cough medicine, zpacks, zinc, and homemade cough syrup with and without whiskey.


Carson is on a steroid now for Croup. Even one dose helped so much. He's a trooper with all things doctors and medicine, but he said this medicine was terrible. I made a chart on the chalkboard that he gets to color a dot after he takes it. Worked like a charm.


Miles has been hibernating in his room to avoid the germs. So far he's been successful. I told Darrin that I feel bad for him that it's so boring around here. Darrin said he doesn't think he's sad at all. Ha ha. He came out of his room yesterday and said, "Hello all you highly contagious people." 


Darrin has been sick the longest but he might be turning the corner...


I had to pull it together long enough yesterday to take Carson to the doctor. He was wheezing so badly when he woke up that it was enough for me to call the doctor. 


He said his lungs sounded great and that it was croup. Strep was negative. I didn't subject him to a flu or Covid test since there is not treatment for him anyway. He's a great patient and I don't want to mess with that by scaring him with unnecessary tests. Darrin went to the doctor earlier in the week and I had a Teladoc appointment. I may have to go in today because my throat and ear are hurting pretty badly.


Carson has completely turned around from this just yesterday.


It's been a long week. Darrin and I had to miss some work, but it came at a manageable time. Hopefully we can begin to turn the corner and start 2024 on the right foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment