Pages

Sunday, June 11, 2023

Weekend Wrap Up

Weekend wrap up in no particular order because I am tired! The years of two boys in competitive sports has begun. It's time to divide and conquer...and also get help from others. Carson made All Stars and had his first tournament. 


We have tried to make a big deal out of his first time to have a tournament. It's been a little hard to put forth the same effort because going through this baseball process a second time, you have a clearer picture of the road ahead. We know everything will play out and will be okay without stressing about it. It makes it more enjoyable, but sometimes I feel like I'm not caring enough. That's not really the case, I guess we just feel more laid back about it. 


When Carson's team was one out away from winning the championship, we had a rain delay. I was soaked and barefooted by the time I got to my car. I couldn't walk in my flip flops without sliding around.


Miles also had a tournament in Mississippi. Miles played on Saturday and Sunday. Carson only played on Saturday. Miles went with a friend on Saturday so my mom and I could go to a baby shower in Nashville and then swing back by Carson's games. We picked up an extra teammate today. We loved having him with us.


Jumping all over the place, because as I said, no particular order. Carson's team won the championship!! He and his friends did so well. I only got to see 1 of the 4 games he played on Saturday, but he hit the ball to the fence several times. He also caught a pop fly at second base and threw a kid out at home plate from right field. That was definitely the highlight of the day for me. I love watching Miles throw kids out and now Carson is doing it. 


Carson got to be the bat boy for Miles' team today. One of the cutest things I've seen in a while. 


He also got to be on the field during warm ups. 


Darrin was the real MVP on Saturday. He kept Carson fed, awake, and going all day. They left the house at 8:30am and got home at 10pm. 


Champions! It looks like Carson is ecstatic about winning, but actually it's because his coach just told them they were going to eat Mexican together. 


My mom and I had a fun day going to my cousin's baby shower and then watching Carson's game. We missed seeing Miles, but it was a great day. 


Starting their day at 8:30am...although Darrin and I were up much earlier because we had to see Miles off at 5:45am for his tournament.


Living his best life!


Miles' team lost all three this weekend. It was a tough weekend, for the second weekend in a row, but it's always fun to see him do his thing. 



Carson is a daddy's boy to the core, but he was very excited to see me when I got to the field yesterday. After they won, I saw him scanning the crowd. I wasn't sure what he was looking for, but when I yelled his name, it was clear he was looking for me :)


Taking some reps with one of Miles' coaches while we waited for umpires. 


Hope to be watching these boys together for years to come.



Getting his first tournament ring. The coach said something positive about each player from the weekend. He commented on Carson's hitting. 




I'm not proof reading because I'm ready to go to sleep. Maybe I'll fix the typos tomorrow....or maybe not :)

No comments:

Post a Comment