Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2023

Weekend Wrap Up

Carson stayed fever free on Wednesday and was so excited to go back to school on Thursday. I love to watch him walk down the hall when I pick him up from afterschool. He just walks casually, swinging his jacket, checking out the gym...the vending machines...and anyone that might walk by. Zero sense of urgency is how he rolls. He's a 'smell the flowers' kind of kid.


Friday night, I was about to go to my room to read and Miles asked me if I would read in his room while he played. I do that every now and then when I don't want to be stuck in my room and it's a bonus that his bed is so comfortable. I know that he won't want me around for much longer, so I was happy to hang out with him, even if that just meant near him.


I was lost in this book and finished it in three days. It did NOT end like I wanted, but since it had my attention and I flew through it, I begrudgingly gave it five stars. It has Verity vibes for me.


We are still hooked on Skyjo around here. He have loved the card game Golf for years. Skyjo is similar, but I actually like it better.


Carson likes for me to do silly things with his animals at night. George was sitting on his ladder waiting for him, so he posed beside him. He still loves his animals so sweetly. Santa deliberated long and hard about a teddy bear to bring him. He tried to find one that he would love, but you never know what Carson will be drawn to, and sadly, his new teddy hasn't made the cut. He's still hanging with the George, Steve, and his old Teddy.


I made double cheeseburgers for Darrin and Miles over the weekend (Carson doesn't like hamburgers???). I saw a random way of making them on a reel and they were a hit I think. 


Miles put on his Titans' jersey in the fourth quarter to try to will a win, but sadly, it didn't help. We figured as much.


Carson was the first one ready for church this morning and was so proud of himself. It sure is nice when he's agreeable. I have to say that the days when he's not are getting fewer and farther between.


Some random likes before I go. I'm still painting my own nails and using this top coat. That top coat is by far the best thing I've ever used on my nails. 


We bought a new bedspread and sheets. We've been using the same bedspread for longer than I care to admit. It was very dingy. I wanted something very soft and plain, without breaking the bank. It took me a while to find, but mission accomplished. I found this at Marshalls. It is so comfortable. It's not quite long enough on the other side, but I decided I didn't care because no one would ever see it anyway. I think it will flatten out a little and get longer on the sides. 


I got these sheets at Marshalls too. They were so cheap. I bought them because they didn't have much of a selection and we really needed sheets. I'm not sure how long they will last, but I love them. Between the new sheets, comforter, and satin pillow case I got for Christmas, my bed is hard to climb out of. Satin pillow cases are the real deal. 

We did some odd jobs around the house, but it's been a low key weekend. I read a lot, Miles played video games and went to a birthday party, and Darrin & Carson watched movies. We are enjoying some downtime over the winter before our favorite (and busy) time of year starts...baseball & pool season!

No comments:

Post a Comment