Pages

Monday, October 17, 2022

Weekend Wrap Up

We started the weekend by laying sod at Marmee's house until dark. We hoped to get it finished, but it became clear that we were going to have to go back on Saturday. First things first on Saturday, Miles had a basketball game in Gleason. Darrin took him while I stayed home with Carson. We knew we were going to stretch Carson later in the day with two baseball games, plus I needed to get a grocery pick up order and clean the house. 10 more inches and he'll catch Dad!


After they got home, we changed directions and went to the baseball field for our last tournament of the season. 


The sun provided one of my favorite pictures ever.


Even though it was sunny, it was chilly. We had a break between games, so the boys stayed at the field with Granny & Pa while Darrin and I went back to finish the sod. We got it finished and raced back to the field. The boys went 0-2 after a really ugly day of baseball. 


After the games, Carson and I were happy to be home in our warm house. Sometimes he likes to play on my bed while I watch TV. 

Even though I was so tired, I ended up staying up until 1am to watch the baseball playoffs. I have never been one to watch baseball, but I'm officially hooked. I never thought it would happen, but baseball has moved ahead of football for me. Darrin is not there yet, but I think he'll join me soon.


Sunday morning was church...


And then pouring down rain as we drove to the fields. I thought there was no way we would play. After we got there, we had a lightening delay while it poured down rain again.


Then, the rain cleared and we played! Sometimes you just never know with baseball. I was so happy that the boys had an opportunity to try to finish out the fall season on a better note than the way they played on Saturday.


It was a rainy, then cold, night. I had to break out the sleeping bag for the first time this fall.


Darrin looked like he was working security :) 


After getting beat 0-2 on Saturday, they came back to beat those same two teams on Sunday to win it all! The semifinal game went into extra innings, starting with a base runner on second. It was such a team effort and a great way to end the fall season. We have taught Miles over the years to always thank his coaches after a season for all their work. I forgot to remind him, but it finally stuck and he did it without being told. When we were almost to the car, Miles said he wanted to go tell Coach Steve thank you again. He ran back in and gave him a quick hug. I'm so thankful for this team, these friends, and all Miles has learned. What an amazing ride that we had no idea we were taking.


When I woke up today, I felt like I'd been run over. It was a very hard, busy, long, tiring weekend. It will take some time to recover. Darrin brought me a loaded tea and it actually really helped me get through the day. 


There's no rest for the weary around here. Monday - Carson's last game. Tuesday - Miles' basketball game. Wednesday - church. Thursday - Miles' basketball game. Friday - REST!!!

Carson had his last game tonight. They went out with a bang. So many kids did well. They may not have won a game all season, but they had fun and improved. Carson caught his first pop fly at pitcher and then went on to catch another one. It was so exciting! He was so happy.


Miles was so proud of him. He worked with him on pop flies before the game and he did the very thing that Miles helped him with. Miles continues to be our little coach and Carson just might be a baller.


It's 9:16pm and I'm overdue for bed. Hopefully we can rest well at night and recover around here this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment