Pages

Monday, October 10, 2022

Fall Break Wrap Up

Last week was fall break for the boys. I took the week off with the boys and I'm still off for Columbus Day. We were home most of the week, so I was able to get caught up on some things. Since Darrin and the boys are back to work and school today, and most everything is done around the house, I decided to try to download hundreds of pictures and blog. Blogging from a phone is great if you do it everyday. The app isn't the greatest and it won't let me download pics from more than 3 days or so. I may try to do shorter posts every other day and see how that works. Who knows. I'm not ready to give up blogging yet, but it's always hard to find the time.

The first weekend of fall break was spent at the baseball field. The weather was beautiful and we loved being with our baseball friends. 


We had a major catastrophe on Saturday. To make a long story short, we discovered 10 minutes down the road that we had left the tailgate open and Miles' baseball bag had fallen out somewhere. We retraced our route 3x and couldn't find it. We had to quit looking and go on to the game which was an hour away in Memphis. Through the miracle of Facebook, a friend of a friend messaged me that her husband had picked up the bag from the middle of the road right down from our house. He was afraid if he just pulled it to the side that it wouldn't have gotten back to the right people. Bless him! We gave them a gift card and picked up the bag later that night. We had just replaced almost everything in the bag. It would have been a fortune to buy it all again.




They played up an age division and competed well, but got eliminated in the semifinals. 


I joined the fanny pack world and I'm a believer. It is most convenient for sports stuff. Just enough space for money, phone, and chapstick.


This is how the boys felt about their staycation during fall break. Both were grounded from electronics, so that didn't help them. The second half of the week was busier than the first, but I don't think they were very impressed. After seeing everyone's beach pictures on Facebook I vowed to go to the beach next year.


We went fishing one afternoon. 


Carson is not a big fan of touching the fish, but he did it.


It was a beautiful day, but a little chilly with the wind coming off of the lake.


Carson and I bought his Halloween costume. It started as a way to bribe him to go to Walmart, but I am happy to have that to do item checked off my list.


While we were in the car, he wrote a song. He said it's called "come out and fight". I think I should be terrified that this is foreshadowing to his teenage years.


I found the best way to clean Crocs. Carson's were filthy, inside and out.


Soft Scrub made them look like new.


The boys and I took a day trip to Ikea with my mom. They each took their own money. Miles bought a desk chair to play video games in. Carson bought the exact same stuffed animal that he bought the last time we went. Confusing to all of us, but he was confident with his purchase.


Darrin and I had our 21st anniversary last week (and my 46th birthday), so we spent the night away while Granny and Pa stayed with the boys. We made hotel and dinner reservations months ago in Memphis. Unfortunately, on our way out of town we got a call saying there was a water main leak in Memphis and the restaurant had to close for the night. We made a quick change of plans and went to a nice local restaurant and stayed at a hotel close by. We enjoyed our time away just the same. 


We spent some time on Friday putting away pool stuff and fixing up the fire pit area for fall. Some friends came over for a chill fireside hang out that night. The weather and company were perfect.


We completed a big project for Marmee. We had to trench some lines and reroute her downspouts to other areas in her yard. It was a big project that has been on the list for a while. It went smoothly with only a few hiccups. Here's hoping everything works just like it should when it rains.


Carson helped a little too. He's not as into work projects as Miles was at his age. Miles had middle school baseball try outs (still don't know the outcome yet), so he didn't help us until later. 


It was a nice week with a good mix of projects, fun, and downtime. BUT....next year I WILL be at the beach. Mark my words!

No comments:

Post a Comment