Pages

Monday, February 14, 2022

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day! It was a big one for Miles. It was his first year to buy a gift for a valentine. 


He thought long and hard about it and went with all different kinds of candy from a local candy store and some of her favorites.


After using the same box for several years, I asked Carson if he wanted to make a new box to take to school. He immediately said he wanted a shark box. We disassembled his old box to use it for the shark. 


We bought two blue poster boards and some eyes at Walmart, and created this in about an hour.


It was definitely not my finest work, but he was very happy with it.


He colored the teeth on the sides, glued on the eyes, and wrote his name. I did everything else, but let him put down some of the tape. I had to fight the urge to write his name for him, but how could I when he was so proud?!


I thought his shark idea was so unique and out of the blue until I saw pictures from his party at school. There were three other sharks! Apparently the boys conspired about their boxes.


Marmee brought some treats for the boys when she came up for the Super Bowl. Miles wasn't here, but he got his when he got home later. Carson was just as excited to watch Miles open his present as he was to open his own.


I went back to the candy store where Miles bought his gift and got the boys some candy from Darrin and me. Carson said it "smelled disgusting" and to Miles' horror, even spit a few pieces out. He said it tasted terrible. I don't know what Miles thinks of it because he would say he liked it to make me feel good even if he didn't :)


My present to Darrin. iykyk. He says this all the time. There has never been a more perfect gift. He got me chocolate which is also a perfect gift. 


It's been a love filled day. And now, I'm going to love reading my book until I crawl into bed which is the part of the day that I love the most! Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment