Pages

Monday, July 5, 2021

Staycation 2021

It's been a fun week and now it's back to reality tomorrow, for me anyway. Darrin has one more day with the boys before he goes back to work. I tried very hard to relax at home this week as we would if we were away on vacation. I think we succeeded! 


Darrin and Miles went to the movies. The boys also went to the movies with Granny & Pa.


We disregarded normal bedtimes.


Carson learned to swim! He really needed no instruction. He just got in the water and started doing it. We still don't have our diving board, so that will be the real test to see if he can jump off and swim to the ladder. I know he can, but I'm not sure he'll feel confident enough yet. We are okay that he still has a healthy fear of the water. We have talked about it for months and I think he understood our conversations.


Miles randomly hits golf balls around yard. Carson joined him this week and actually played several days. 


We chilled in the house some too. 


We had a couple days of rain, which forced us to relax and slow down.


I read some, by the pool and inside.


We had lots of company! We love having family and friends over. We had friends and the boys had some friends over.














And no vacation would be complete without good food. Swimming makes them so hungry! One day I poured a can of peaches, some orange slices, and blueberries in a bowl and they loved it.


Pa made some homemade ice cream with Oreos.


We fixed a shrimp boil and salmon. Salmon is Miles' favorite food. We don't have it much, probably b/c I don't like it and I just don't think about it. Everything was delicious, but the shrimp was a little tough. I wouldn't cook it as long next time.


We weren't sure if Carson would like salmon. He's become a much better eater, but he still isn't as good of an eater as Miles. He loved it. He told us how good it was with every bite he took.


The pool has been exhausting for Carson, so this week has not been without lots and lots of tantrums. 


Overall, it's been a really nice week. Unlike when you travel somewhere for vacation, the week felt very long, in a good way. I actually feel like I've had a long time away from work. If I'm being honest, I'm a little sad to miss the beach for two years in a row, but we are so happy to have a pool after years of wanting one. I know it will provide lots of great memories in the years to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment