Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

I'm Back!

When I signed on to blog again, I was so sad to realize that I had not blogged since September. I knew it had been a while, but had no idea it had been that long. I know there aren't many people that read this anymore, but the purpose has always been to document our happenings for the boys to read one day. Just like everyone, our lives are so busy and it's hard to find time at the end of a long day to sit down and do this. I'm going to try to make some time every now and then b/c it's important to me. It's hard to catch up on two months, but I'll make an attempt over the next couple of posts. 

Miles made the 5th grade basketball team! This is the first team that he has had to try out for, and the competition was pretty steep. It was a good accomplishment.


We are loving watching him play. He has earned significant playing time and he is learning so much from his coaches. It's been a really good experience.


The boys have enjoyed time together. As Carson gets older, it's becoming more fun for them to do things together. They still argue and fight, but they have fun too.


They've started sleeping together too. Carson starts in his bed every night, but gets in bed with Miles during the night instead of coming to our room. Everyone is happy with the arrangement. I wish he would just go to bed with Miles at night, but Carson enjoys Darrin laying down with him every night and it's clear he's not ready to give that up. 


We've enjoyed visits with the grandparents. In other big news...my mom moved to west TN! She lived in middle TN for many years, but now she is 20 minutes away from us. We are so excited to have her closer. She is still getting settled in her house, but the boys are planning for so many fun visits to her house.


We celebrated Pa's birthday. The boys are crazy about Pa. They were excited to give him a birthday present and eat dinner to celebrate.


In other big news, I had a hysterectomy the week before Thanksgiving. We've enjoyed lots of time at home. It was really hard the first three days (I was not prepared), but since then, it's been manageable. I have needed it for years and I am so glad to have it behind me. 


It turned out to be great timing. Miles' school went virtual during that time b/c several teachers were quarantined, so we all just stayed home for two weeks. 


We played lots of games and watched lots of movies. Carson's attention span for an advanced puzzle is amazing.


I think this will be my last week at home. I go back to the doctor on Thursday and I'm assuming I will return to work on Monday. I have forced myself to rest and tried to soak up some down time. I think I'm ready to go back to work and get back into a routine. I'll be back tomorrow with another post. It's good to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment